Bosch POF 1200 AE Height Adjust modifications

So I’ve spent a bit of time with the ring kit and the router over the weekend and I reckon that it shouldn’t need to saw off the whole of the handles for it to clear the feb kit ring. By my rough measure and test it looks like trimming 1.5-2cm off the bottom should be enough. Which is below the first screws. What that means is no messing with the trigger and wiring. With any luck it should be easy to plug the holes with either a 3D printed plug or sugru.

I’ve also gone through the process of removing the unnecessary parts from the router and fitting the coupling and lead screw. My correct coupler hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t test the motor but everything else about the Nylon prints looks and feels good. The photo below just has the kit coupling and motor placed on loosely for looks.

I’ve also photo documented the process so when I have a clear evening I’ll write up a rough how to.

For those in Australia that have passed me their details about getting a Nylon print i’ll get the batch cost this week and be in touch. With any luck they’ll be made before the weekend and I can send them out asap.

4 Likes