Chain sag correction value 0

Can you post your measurements? It’s telling you that with the cut measurements that were entered and the starting values that were used to create those cuts, it can’t come up with a solution…

From 1 to 2 : 1884.36 mm
2 to 3: 1908.17 mm
Top to 5: 241.3 mm

when you re-entered your data, did you also reset your sprockets to 12 o’clock
and move the chains to the marked links (and told it to reset the chain
lengths)?

I only reset the chains to 12 o’clock when it told me to in the calibration steps, which I was doing with each new calibration.

The best I could, I ran calibration in ground control using the same measurements (and tried to match your settings) and it also failed to arrive at a solution.

How comfortable are you with the accuracy of your measurements. It’s been a long time since I’ve calibrated so I can’t recall if 1 to 2 should be less than 2 to 3.

Pretty confident. I can check the cuts again when I get off work, but we measured twice to ensure we were accurate.

That would be good to do, but see this thread… I think you stumbled across something that’s not so good.

Uh-oh. :sweat: hopefully it’s not too bad.

However, I’m glad I’m not crazy! We’ve been out in our garage every night for the past week trying to get up and running before we ran into this issue. Is there anyway for me to back down to the previous version in the mean time?

1 Like

You should be able to download both gc and fw v1.26 from github and run it without any problems…

1 Like

Ok perfect. I will be trying this tonight. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Great news!!! I backed down to v1.26 and got completely calibrated!!! You guys, the satisfaction I feel at this moment is indescribable!! I am so extremely happy I could cry. Totally worth the sweat equity in this 100° TX heat. The measurements were spot on to each cut (75inches EVEN each) I even got a chain sag correction at the end! Thanks to @madgrizzle , @dlang, and @bar for taking the time to help me. I am forever grateful to be a part of this amazing community :smiley:

My last and final question for you. While my measurements were spot on, my cuts were still not going all the way through. Maybe I don’t have my bit out far enough?

Do you do the z axis calibration on the actual frame backboard? Or do you do it on the actual wood you’ll be cutting?

4 Likes

Hey Jess,

Congratulations! The Z is the bottom of the hole in the sled so if you don’t have material sitting on the Maslow it’s your waste board. When you add material it would be the side facing out on the material. This is the same location all the time, fww.

I hope that helps

Thank you

1 Like

That is great news!! Fantastic work! Sorry for the trouble with 1.27 and thanks for finding that issue. We’re working on getting a fix for 1.27 ASAP! Congratulations!

I usually reset zero to be the top surface of my wood and add an extra .1 or .05 inches to the depth of the cut when I’m generating my gcode file to make sure I cut all the way through. You can put a piece of insulation foam or some scrap wood behind what you are cutting to cut into that extra little distance. This is usually called “spoil board”.

After you are done with it you can make art!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B07X2pgjnWi/?igshid=1d5q725bzbwa2

2 Likes