Compilation terminated error

HELP,
I am one of the new guys to this.
I keep coming up with the compilation error for the program. When it first happened i got on the forums and saw that Bar instructed someone to delete the file and and zip it again. I did that… didn’t work for me. So I uninstalled everything and started over. I downloaded the Windows App because I am running a Lenovo Ideapad 500. error code as follows.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

In file included from C:\Users\gfry9\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-1.10.zip\Firmware-1.10\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino:33:0:

sketch\Maslow.h:31:20: fatal error: Config.h: No such file or directory

#include “Config.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

you’re missing this file.

Rather than digging for it, I’d suggest tossing the version you have, re-downloading and unpacking the .zip, as it should be there…

1 Like

How could I go about “digging” for it? Because I’ve deleted the firmware a couple of times, tried again and still nothing new.

1 Like

it should be in the cnc_ctrl_v1 folder.

In mine, it’s also alphebetically adjacent to cnc_crtl_v1.ino

try this 1st:
https://github.com/MaslowCNC/Firmware/archive/master.zip

if all else fails here is the specific file link: https://github.com/MaslowCNC/Firmware/blob/master/cnc_ctrl_v1/Config.h

2 Likes

OK the first suggestion gave me this error. I looked in the file and the “Maslow.h” was in the file so idk what that is about. error as follows

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Users\gfry9\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-master.zip\Firmware-master\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino:33:20: fatal error: Maslow.h: No such file or directory

#include “Maslow.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

I then copied the code “idk if thats how it is suppose to be done” and copied it in. this is my error for that.

C:\Users\gfry9\AppData\Local\Temp\ccjEKQIC.ltrans0.ltrans.o: In function `main’:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:43: undefined reference to `setup’

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.10.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop’

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

The temp folders seem to indicate that you are trying to load the firmware from inside the zip file?
Are you unzipping the file to a folder of your choice before you upload the firmware?

2 Likes

Well that tells you how good i am with computers. I thought I was unzipping. There is literally a zipper on the folder lmao. I got it though. Thank You Guys

4 Likes