Cutting Oval with temp sled

Hello Everyone!

After running into just about every problem imaginable, I’ve started on the final sled after a calibration but it appears that my machine is cutting an oval 16”x18” rather than a perfect circle. I’ll be 100% honest I’m very much a noob at this so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated

2 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

Lots of information here:
out-of-round-circles

First step is to check the calibrated numbers with what you measure by hand.
Primary numbers to check in this pic:

If one or more numbers seem off from what you measure, change them.
The Forum Wiki has ‘how to get calibrated’ How To: Get Calibrated! and ‘list of errors’ List of sources of error.

It will take some likes, responds and activity, before a new user can upload pictures or the groundcontrol.ini file if deeper digging would be required, but from what i know in 1 or 2 days that should work.

Kind regards, Gero

1 Like

I found the answer:

Trust Level 0 — New

By default, all new users start out at trust level 0, meaning trust has yet to be earned. These are visitors who just created an account, and are still learning the community norms and the way your community works. New users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and yours.

(We also want to hide any “advanced” functionality from new users to make the UI less confusing for them as they gain more experience.)

Users at trust level 0 cannot …

Send personal messages to other users
“Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
Flag posts
Post more than 1 image
Post any attachments
Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
Mention more than 2 users in a post
Post more than 3 topics
Post more than 10 replies

Admins can change these limitations by searching for newuser and first_day in site settings.
Trust Level 1 — Basic

At Discourse, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.

Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
1 Like

Just so I understand, I purchase a kit with very few instructions and need assistance because it’s not working correctly and my “trust level” is a zero lol. Ok thanks man. I really can’t wait to write a review about this whole experience. I really do plan to warn people that you’re buying this and if you’re not entirely saving with all of the specifics you really have no assistance. It’s been made clear that these machines were rushed with very little to no instructions on how to build it. This is even more frustrating that I cannot have others in the open source platform assist me because I haven’t needed assistance until now.

The Forum is by no means connected to the current sellers :wink:
We are just ‘chip-monks’ that also bought the kit and there is 2 years experience here from the first beta-testers. You will find amazing people.

If the customer support from your supplier sucks, that could be a separate topic, but the Forum is not your target. We are just here to help.

2 Likes

The trust levels are a preset framework in the software chosen for the Maslow Community Forum.
They are in place to keep spammers and bots out, that’s the only reason.

3 Likes

The whoe trust thing in an anti-spam defense for the forum to prevent lots of
junk being posted to the forms. Your trust level gets upgraded very quickly if
you are looking for information rather than just posting.

At this point you have probably interacted with the forum enough to have your
trust level upgraded (if you have looked through the other topics that were
pointed out, you are sure to have done so)

You posted a fairly common problem and promptly got pointers to places to learn
more (including on the wiki, not just forum threads).

There is a lot of info on the wiki. This is all community produced and
maintained, there is nobody being paid to do this, there is no company making a
living from this.

Take a breath, look through what you’ve been pointed at, and ask more questions
as needed.

David Lang

5 Likes

The supplier has directed me to this forum as the only assistance with problems with my Maslow. This is unbelievable. I cannot get any help from the members until my trust level is increased so I just need to wait I guess ? This is seriously frustrating beyond expectations.

have you looked at the info you have been pointed to? you can’t post a lot or
post pictures for your first few hours to a day, but you have a lot of stuff to
go through in any case.

please get the chip off your shoulder and the rest of us Maslow users can help
you.

There is a lot of useful information here, and a lot of volunteers who will help
you. If you wanted a CNC with a large company behind it to help you, you can get
it, but you will pay 5x-10x more for the machine. The Maslow is a kickstarter
based product that has grown a substantial community, and the community can
probably answer the questions better and faster than any of the companies
producing the kits.

David Lang

6 Likes

Seems a marketing strategy saving support expenses. In this Forum you are free to create a topic naming and complaining about, just after reading 10 minutes. You might open pandoras box and lot of people will join in with you.
You will get all support you need here, for free from users that went through all you are going through.
If the person that pointed you here has not for filled your expectations, blame the pointer and not the false target.

With 10 minutes reading and replacing a fist with a smile you have access to more information and support you can think of. The new hardware suppliers can not match the experience, friendliness and help that this Community provides. Maybe that is why they do not even attempt it. It could also be mismanagement, short therm profit, or laziness. The answer is at the supplier.

1 Like

Get the chip off my shoulder ? Because I asked for help and am frustrated? Wow thanks for your help. Sorry I think it’s ridiculous that someone who is asking for help should be able to use a site dedicated to assisting people. I’m frustrated, rightfully and you insult me? Take care, trust that I will not need your help

@Jason_Edward
FYI you are trust level 1, i’ve checked you have 2 hour reading time that got you there.
Again, friendliness is the faster way to solve whatever the problem is.
Insults are flagged by users and deleted by moderators and admins.

Forget what pointed you here and respect the welcome and your issue will be traced down and solved.

2 Likes

Immediately he’s telling me to take a breath and get the chip off my shoulder. Is that friendly ? I posted a very easy question and frankly don’t like the way this worked out. I’m done but thanks for your time

Keep in mind that you went form oval circle to trust levels in the forum.
Hijacking your own post. Can we ingnore the past and get a pictures now of the oval and a total frame?
If you could upload the groundcontrol.ini from your user folder, that would give a lot of clues to work with getting the oval circular.

Kind regards, Gero

1 Like

You very quickly started complaining about things here and how bad the support
for the maslow is. You are yelling at other users who aren’t being paid to help
you, threatening to write a bad review as a result. From the other replies, I’m
not the only one who thinks you have been taking a hostile approch here.

I (and others here) are happy to help you, but we aren’t happy to be yelled at.
That may not have been your intention, but it is how you have been coming
across. I apologize if I haven’t come across as friendly as you want, but I
really have been trying to get you on a track where you can get help. If you do
walk away, I’m sorry to see you go.

David Lang

5 Likes

I would truly love some help but I prefer if David Lang can “help” someone else. I’m brand new at this and have no chip on my shoulder and have spent the past 6 days trying to get my machine to work. I admitted that I’m brand new at this on my original post and frankly my tone cannot be understood on text. I’m frustrated that this experience hasn’t gone well and I stated that I’d like to review this experience because I had no idea the lack of support from the supplier. That’s it

You’re frustrated, we understand, most of us were at that same point when we were starting out with our maslows. However, David is one of the most knowledgeable persons here, having contributed to both the design and the firmware of this open source project. Rejecting his help will not get you the results you are looking for, as most of the rest of us have learned from him, so if any of us are giving you advice, there’s a good chance that it’s just his advice, put into our own words.

3 Likes

Done. Goodbye

If you don’t want my help, I will try to remember your name and not to help you. I’ll apologize ahead of time that I will probably make a mistake and reply to you (or a thread you are asking questions in),I reply via e-mail and since I deal with about a thousand e-mails a day, don’t always remember who I am replying to.

1 Like

I don’t think you are going to have to worry about it, David. I don’t think he’s coming back.

Unfortunately, I think he came in with expectations of a turnkey solution and/or a company with support techs just waiting for a phone call. Maslow isn’t that. It’s a tinkerer’s machine with a volunteer support community.

He was also put off by the trust level thing, but lots of forums are like that. Most users just don’t know about it until they are already past the initial low-trust levels. Anyway, I don’t think he’s going to buy another kit from Bar and Hannah…but then again, none of us are.

1 Like