Drawer face, wall art, etc! Maslow can do the intriquite work

I had to try this project out. Thinking about using on drawers. Will update with new pics after sanding, grout and finishing.

Here is what Maslow was able to do! Impressed
imageimageimage

15 Likes

Very cool! I’m guessing 4" by 36"? About how long did that take?

I want this nominated as POW!

Great work.

Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks @Bee. I’ll send pics tomorrow afternoon after I get to finish it out.
@Jayster you guesed it on the size! And it took too long! Around an 1.5 hr. I forgot to run the post processor on the makercam file (works great taking safety height out of follow path code) used .125” bit and lowered at .0625 on the follow path.
Half way through I did pause, go into advanced settings and bump up my mm/m from 800 to 1000. I had set the speed in makercam to 40ipm, so when the setting changed it sped things up.

2 Likes

Can you explain this a little more?

makercam does a lot of in/out (z axis) movement that’s not needed, and frequently makes a lot of moves across the workpiece and back. there is a post-processor that greatly reduces this which significantly speeds up the cutting.

2 Likes

@ScrumdyBum, As usual, David explained it best! Thanks @dlang

1 Like

Part 2, grout is in and wiped down. Sunday will sand with 220 and apply wipe on poly.

8 Likes

That looks amazing! Great job!

1 Like

Couldnt wait… here it is.
Minwax wipe on poly is awesome!

8 Likes

What did you use for the grout?

1 Like

Small batch of unsanded bright white grout from powder.
Putting spacers under numbers, led a lot of urethane spray

6 Likes

Well that’s cool. Never thought about using grout. Similar look to a resin but I imagine cheaper.

1 Like

$13 for a 10 lb bag

1 Like

Did you have to seal the wood before grouting?

I did not…

Wow! Amazing! Only 1 and a half hours for that! I am absolutely blown away and amused by the fact you think it took too long. I am coming from the world of 3D printing where small objects take hours and hours. Can’t wait for my Maslow to arrive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Getting there

10 Likes

And here is the final placement.

12 Likes

is that battery powered or hard wired?