Easel to cut a circular plate

Hi:
I am new to creating /designing using easel as well as using Maslow CNC. please bear with me while I learn things. I am trying to design a circular plate with a sort of groove/track about 1/4 in in from the circumference of the circle. The groove is about 1 1/2 in - 2 in wide.

So I set it up like so. :
Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.39.55 AM
It is basically a set of concentric circles with the H/W set to decrease by thewidth of the router bit (1/4 in)

Is there a better way to do this ? I basically want to cut out such “plates” in decreasing size
the plate I have in the image above is 12 in, the 2nd plate would be 11 in and so on. (basically if arrranged as a stack it would be like a cone )

Thanks for any pointers/help with this

Ramdev

The software automatically adjusts the offset based on the chosen bit size and cut type(inside,on,outside)

1 Like

Fusion360 is great but they keep restricting more of the features in the hobby license. for this reason I have fully switched my development to freecad. there are tons of youtube videos on using the software and I have had excellent luck with posting directly to Maslow using grbl_G81_post. FWIW I am using webcontrol on a raspberry pi. I access webcontrol from my phone, tablet or laptop.

1 Like

Disc.FCStd (2.0 MB)
Disc.nc (1.8 MB)

1 Like