Fusion 360 codes no longer work in GC

hey.
I tried to make a new gcode after doing a reinstall of fusion 360, and had reloaded the maslow post process. but im getting an error message in GC saying “Cannot reopen gcode file. It may have been moved or deleted. To locate it or open a different file use Actions > G-Code” It is most definitely still in the folder that i put all of my codes in. i also tried using the grbl post processor and get the same message in GC. i can load old files, but not new ones. any ideas as to whats going on?

What happens if you open a new g-code?

Hey Gero! Coming to my rescue again!

I get a notice in Ground Control saying it cant open the file and to look for another one. i Just now realized that the command prompt window that also opens up with GC says unable to compute velocity.

1 Like

I don’t think the 2 are related.
In the groundcontorl.ini the path to the last gcode is stored in the line with ->openfile =
If there is something wrong with that path or the file name has changed, GV will throw the error.

there is nothing in the openfile= line.

!#$^#$I^&% i just tried a simple pattern and it loaded the gcode just fine. I’m assuming at this point that it has something to do with the design that has been nothing but trouble for me.

https://a360.co/2S5vwAK
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cMZ3s1JL7B-9xrICJ9KCOB6X3-IChsMP

here are the files for anyone that wants to analyze what this particular gcode doesnt want to work

Anyone ever figure this out? I am having the same issue with large processes. If I break it up into smaller processes it works fine, so I assume it is not a design problem, but it is a major pain to break up the design in this manner. Is there some sort of limit on file size or something?

Here is a pic of the process that will not load into GC. If I do the rings and adjoining cut separately, the gcode will load correctly, but this seems ridiculous to have to do.

Welcome to the Forum!

How many lines does the gcode have?

Edit: If i was using f360 and had that error, i would try to limit precision to 0.1mm (enough for the Maslow) hoping that that will reduce the amount of lines.

Did you use the Maslow post-processor?

Here i found the general drawing precision, but there might be another setting for gcode.

.nc is too large to upload. Where is the 60,000 lines set? I am not seeing the option in GroundControl.

I was having issues with the recommended Maslow post processor plunging immediately and then moving to the start position so I switched back to the “Grbl / grbl” and that works with smaller processes.

looks like there are 397,718 lines… I am new to this so not sure how to check it for sure, but I pasted in to Word and that is what it shows.

1 Like

If Fusion is like Inventor, when you send to post processing there should be an option to open the gcode in an editor (within Inventor for me). That editor has line numbers. One caveat about that is that I have found that those line numbers are way off when trying to use the “go to line” function in GC (like, hundreds of lines off).

This sounds like there may be an issue with how your stock is defined and/or your defined safe heights. I’d love to help you troubleshoot it, but I don’t really have a ton of time these days, so if the grbl post is working for you, then I understand using it.