Ground control will not find .nc files

I am using thick lined images, when I try to use thin lined images I Inkscape they don’t show up

In Makercam I can select one line but when rune the guide both lines always show up

in Inkscape you are using a wide line, so the cam is trying to cut both sides of the line.

before you export from inkscape, you need to set the lines to extremely thin (0.001in or smaller) to avoid this.

1 Like

Whenever I go to fil & stroke I get this error, does not matter if there is a image or not

Dave have a quick question, where is the setting that tell the the machine to cut clockwise?

Frank Arthurs

That is an option in the CAM software when you generate the gcode

there is no such setting in Ground Control, the cut path is entirely set in the
gcode which is produced by your CAM program

First off thanks for all the help, I have another question when I go to jscut I set it to cut outside with a .250 bit. It always wants to cut the center of the line

I haven’t used jscut very much so I’m sorry I can’t help there. Maybe a screen shot could help us figure out what is happening?

First off thanks for all the help, I have another question when I go to jscut I set it to cut outside with a .250 bit. It always wants to cut the center of the line

the image you are trying to post isn’t geting through. you may not be giving it
time to upload before you hit submit on your post.

David Lang

I hate to keep asking questions,
I inserted a circle in makercam. When I cut it it is not round. Off 1/4” to 3/8”. Have you seen this problem?

Frank Arthurs

The purpose of this forum is for questions. Keep them coming.
Non circular cuts of what is supposed to be circles now becomes a calibration problem. A few things to check or verify before you just recalibrate (more questions…):

1. Are your chains connected on the first or second roller (the first on with a pin) on the chains?
  2. Are your calibration measurements correct?
  3. Is your frame rigid, is your router at the center of your sled?
  4. Is the sled weighted properly?
  5. Is the sled tipping at any point in the cut circle away from the cut surface?
1 Like