GroundControl showing gcode funny

That’s actually fine by me. I love doing what hasn’t been done before.

2 Likes

Those oval “eyes?” have like hundreds of line segments. What kind of table is that?

Hmmm, good question. This is where I’m getting the files from: https://www.opendesk.cc/lean/meeting#get-it-made

I may have to play around and see if there’s a way to lessen the “quality” that the software tries to interpret; something that produces fewer line segments. I’m gonna try this weekend to get it made up in MakerCAM and compare the difference.

I haven’t looked at the g-code, but how many decimal places is it trying to use?
truncate it to a sane number and I’ll bet a lot of those line segments end up
vanishing (you end up with multiple moves to the same location, which can be
filtered out)

I downloaded the .dxf and lose eyes should be round holes. Your file is stretched on the X-axis.
This is what it should look like

Edit: A quick 2D test with bCNC created ~3500 lines of code, so if you cut in 4 passes/depths you should have roughly around 15000 lines.

4 Likes

This is what it would look like in GC. I recommend using 3 sheets instead of 2 and layout the parts different, to get away from the upper an lower corner.

5 Likes

Thanks for the help @Gero! I’ll probably be looking into those pieces today and tomorrow and getting them sorted out, most likely adding a third sheet to the build order. Thanks!

2 Likes

@jeffersonbenson, Thank you! Feel free to ask anything, any time. PM included. Hope see some pictures of your cuts soon.

1 Like