How To: Get Calibrated!

The first pat of your question, i was single with this opinion, but seem to see more and more Members that confirm that changing settings in advanced and just proceeding can leave the Arduino in a ‘strange mood’.
I opt for disconnecting. I don’t know at what version this sneaked in, what looks like the Eeprom or the .ini is not written in ‘real-time’ the moment you change it.
Clues that there is an issue i have, but not able to provide a replicable procedure to mark this as a bug on GitHub.

1 Like

Hi there.
I managed to get myself to step 11B following the instructions and am setting my Maslow up with the chain off bottom configuration.
However, when I went to set the length of the left chain, the motor rotated clockwise, not counter-clockwise as expected and stated in 11B - step 3
I thought maybe i’d selected the chain off top option so I checked by setting the right chain, the motor rotated clockwise as expected.
I then repeated the whole calibration process again to try and rule out any problems I may have introduced in my rush to get cutting but it did the same thing again.
I then did it a third time, this time deliberately with the chain off top to see whether that had any issues but it fed the chain out exactly as it was supposed to on both sides.

TL;DR When I go to set the length of my left chain in the chain off bottom configuration, the gear rotated clockwise instead of counterclockwise.

@Gary_Limes I have seen that before and I believe it is a bug, which I have learned to live with since I am not a coder and don’t have time to get into the firmware and learn it ;). I have not had it happen to me multiple times in a row. Depending on when it happens, I can usually work through it or re-calibrate and all is well. I feel like I have seen it while trying to set the sprocket at 12 o’clock and counterclockwise moves clockwise and vice a versa.

Btw, I will probably move this to a separate post in an effort clean up the wiki.

What about after step 11B??
Enable Z axis!
I have automatic a axis installed and in this step it says the automatic z axis will adjust until router bit touches plywood, problem with that is the router bit pushed all the way in sticks out past the router by 1/2”!?!
Please help

1 Like

On Step 9B, when trying to use the CW and CWW to align the tooth to the 12 o’clock position that the smaller increment buttons (1 degree and .1 degree) all go in the same direction (CW I think) instead of CW and CCW.