I'm beyond frustrated

I would like to preface by saying that I know I’m new to this and probably don’t know what I’m doing, but I have been able to get everything done at separate times, but never all together.

I have been reading everything I can on the forums, watching YouTube videos, everything.

Today I deleted the Maslow.yaml file and the index file, then updated to the newest ones. I also updated the firmware. Here is what I’m doing:

1. I turn the machine on.
  2. Connect to Maslow wifi (with Firefox only, no other browsers connected)
  3. Go to Fluid NC
  4. I calibrated the machine with no issues.
  5. I press alarm.
  6. Load the G-Code file
  7. Press Play button.

PLEASE somebody help me!

This is the most recent error:
Serial Messages
[MSG:INFO: Channel auto report interval set to 50 ms]
[GC:G0 G54 G17 G21 G90 G94 M5 M9 T0 F0 S0]
[GC:G0 G54 G17 G21 G90 G94 M5 M9 T0 F0 S0]
[MSG:INFO: Caution: Unlocked]
No heartbeat from machine in 10 seconds. Please check connection.

1 Like

Dropped Wifi connection?

1 Like

I have felt what you are feeling. I have come to the conclusion that we are early in the life of this machine and it has some things that will get better over time and I’ve decided to try to help that happen. I loved my original maslow, but I had broke it just before this kickstarter and I think this machine has a lot more promise for me.

That said…

Before doing this I would restart the maslow (unplug/replug, re-do the “rehang dance” (take it off frame, retract/extend, re-hang, apply tension) and see if that allows you to run the gcode.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, because I can move the an axis up and down, but as soon as I press play it says no heartbeat…I’m at a loss.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the response. I did the retract dance three times and got the same thing every time. This was just the last time.

1 Like

are you comfortable sharing the gcode? I can try a dry run on mine?

2 Likes

Yes, that would be great. Thank you! Here it is:
Jason_Cornelius_001.nc (122.7 KB)

1 Like

So unfortunately, this worked fine for me, but at least we eliminated that the gcode file is causing it. I assume you load the gcode and waiting for the file to show up in the drawing area like this: ?

Just as an FYI, I’m about to leave home for a while to run a few errands so probably won’t respond further for a while.

2 Likes

Thank you, @ronlawrence3 I appreciate your willingness to help!

1 Like

A couple of questions…are you trying to cut, or are you doing a “dry run” with the router off and no bit?

Before pressing Play, did you raise the Z axis and hit the Define Home button? I ask because that’s not in your list. The G-code starts at z=0 and goes negative, so if you started with z=0, I could see it just going to emergency stop mode when it tried to go negative. Usually I would expect it to announce that it was going to emergency stop mode, but I’ve had a couple of instances where mine did not, and I would just get the no heartbeat message.

If I’m doing a dry run, I usually just run the z-axis up enough that I know it won’t bottom out during the cut. If I’m doing an actual cut, I eyeball it to get the bit close to the surface, then lower by 1mm until it hits the wood, them move it up 1mm and define home. I forgot to do that on my first test cut, and it went to z=0, plunging through the workpiece, through my spoilboard, and into the deck of the utility trailer I’m using as a frame before it started moving…lesson learned.

2 Likes

I was seeing this and it isfrustrating.

Couple of items I altered:

1. If you have a mesh network (e.g. Eero), try to remove the ‘extenders’ as they can congest and cause disconnections. Most network connections don’t care about the occasional drop as they are usually stateless but the Maslow looks to need fixed state (which makes sense as it appears the computer needs to know where the Maslow is at all times). It would be good to understand how much processing is completed on the computer vs. the Maslow. I’ve a MPCNC and the processing is offloaded to a BigTreeTech board which is hardwired to the ‘router’ - no TCP/IP once uploaded.
  2. Do you have multiple browsers open (computer + phone)? Pick one and close the rest.
  3. If you are using Chrome or FireFox, try Shift + refresh, or shut the window and restart. I’ve also found, oddly, that incognito/private windows don’t produce this issue as much - maybe some odd caching is taking place.

Could all be True/True but unrelated - wish I could back up these very qualitative items up with something a little more factual.

frank.

2 Likes

I am going to try these tomorrow. I do have a mesh network, so I will shut it down and try again. I appreciate your help. Do you have yours working?

1 Like

I’m going to try these things tomorrow. I appreciate your help!

1 Like

Mine is working - it takes a bit of care. The latest FW update (0.73) appears to bring some better results.

2 Likes

With this specific issue, you will likely have better luck using the Maslow’s built in network. You can remove the set network by deleting the text and pressing set.

2 Likes

I understand how you are feeling. I have had to take a break from this for abit just to not go insane. I do jave faith peiple smarter than i are working hard on all the issues

Calming cat photo for you

3 Likes

And unfortunately, at this time there is also this to mess things up (although on its way out now)
Epic Northern Lights Aurora This Month Tied To A Solar ‘Great Storm’ (forbes.com)
The giant solar storm is having measurable effects on Earth : NPR

Normally we could dismiss such things, but the very significant Auroras reaching close to the equator instead of their usual polar latitudes tells us we have to take the potentially very significant interference into account.

:joy:

I tried all of the suggestions and it still isn’t working. I’ve tried from a MacBook, and iPad and an iPhone.

It disconnects from WiFi as soon as I press play, then reconnects. Any idea why it would do that? @bar @RomanG

1 Like

Have you tried from a direct connection?