KrabzCAM, generate g-code from svg

Ok, go it now. Did not use KrabzCAM till date. The file size is huge. So ramping is like spiraling into the cut? A constant change of Z?

Hi, What kind of operation are you using, and what parameters?

When I do an outside profile on this svg with the default settings, I get a 90k gcode file.

Fanera 12 su 635.json (4.4 KB)
choose outside profile

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

If choose to disable arc I can’t get any gcode
"g21
g90
g17
g40
g0 z1

m3
m5
m30"

Maybe it’s something with arc?

Yes, I noticed. Looking into that too.
I’ve added a small fix to avoid generating those huge files.
It’s not perfect, but better. You still get one plunge in one of the inner corners.

I’ve updated the official version with ramping support.
Choose between “Ramp” and “Plunge” under “Attack method” in operations-settings. (supported for profiles and pockets)

I also think the problem you mentioned earlier about disable arc should be fixed now…at least for your design :slight_smile:

Best regards
Marius

1 Like

interest behaviour in bon connection, some of them one corner sharp, other round, and sometimes are both round…

It’s because your tool barely fits in the rounded inner corners.
Try reducing the tool-diameter to 6.33

-M

1 Like

Like a charm. I have now my favorite cam :slight_smile: Like how easy tab can be added. Let’s cut something!

Mantas

2 Likes

But round corners bug exist.

Can you try again now. I think it was caused by krabzcam outputting numbers in scientific (exponent) notation. I just added a fix for that.

1 Like

now works :slight_smile:

1 Like

tip: then adding tab need to count in bit diameter.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I had forgotten about that. :man_facepalming:
Should be fixed now.

-Marius

“Failed to load vector file: too deep”
in svg is A letter. everything was fine…

Hi, can you send med a sample svg. Then I will have a look…

-M

Ad3 ![Km2|162x147](upload://z1z3ZT1i3rdELcOkIUgM4UfmTJB.sak.rar (1.7 KB) vg)

Should be working now
-M

1 Like

Loving your software and using it almost daily. Today I noticed that the tabs are no longer showing up on the profiles. I click T and it shows like normal but when I left click the mouse to set the tab it disappears. Can you help with that?