Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Linux - where is Servo.h? (solved)

I converted my old Mac Mini to linux machine. (It was not smooth sailing - see other thread) I ended up with Ground Control 1.13 but FirmWare 1.12. I managed to go through Calibration, but I need to upgrade FirmWare to 1.13
I cannot compile new version as Arduino gives me “Fatal Error Servo.h No such file or directory”.

• I found it under Home/Firmware-master/cnc-ctrl-v1/
  • I changed Maslow.h: include <Servo.h> to include “Servo.h” to look into my starting dir: next error popped up “No file avr/servoTimers.h”
    I am afraid that fooling around with Maslow.h is bad idea. Can anybody help with correct solution?

This might sound strange, but I’ve see it before. Have you unzipped the firmware to a folder before uploading. The errors look like the ones you get when trying to upload from within the zip file.
You should see all modules in the arduino IDE like

Thank you Gero - Yes I did unziped it to my Home dir where Firmware-master/ folder was created and Servo.h is located in cnc_ctrl_v1/

So that’s ruled out, sorry for asking. There was also something that your user needs to be in the dialout group. But the error would be more something with permission. A bit lost here now :thinking:

Servo.h is not in my FW 1.12. You should not need to change anything in the firmware. Perhaps a screenshot with the aruiono IDE and FW opened could help.

I found the file in /home/whoareyou4/arduino-1.8.3/libraries/Servo/src
Looks like an issue with the install of the arduino IDE? I’m using 1.8.3

You maybe right - something fishy is with my arduino. I intalled version 1.8.3, 32bit version (my Fedora is 32bit) It unziped to /arduino-1.8.3 but when window opens it shows 1.0.3 on the top bar
…let me check.

Done!!! You were right! I installed both Arduino and GroundControl at user level - not at root and whole path were screwed. Thanks to my neighbour who is “Linux guy” it is fixed now.
I went through calibration without problems.
Time to start cutting!!!
Thank you Gero for help

Glad you found it!

Ahgrrrrr… I announced victory too early ;-((
Big problems with loosing connection - ether "time out " or “lost connection” in the middle of the cut… It must be Linux - I wasted so much time on it.
…tommorow is another day…;-o

That is a too general statement for me. Have been running kubuntu for almost a year and now are using manjaro for a couple of months on the Maslow without a single drop. I made sure that all power savings and screen savers are turned off and no cron jobs will run. (Also in the BIOS)
I havn’t tested Fedora on a mac mini though.
I know that there is certain hardware architecture out there that linux can not support.

Gero I really appreciate your help.
Well… something is missing. I clicked on the diagonal move buton in GroundControl and sled did not moved but in terminal I saw this:

[INFO ] [Clipboard ] Provider: gtk3([‘clipboard_dbusklipper’] ignored)
[CRITICAL] [Cutbuffer ] Unable to find any valuable Cutbuffer provider at all!
xclip - OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/clipboard/clipboard_xclip.py”, line 17, in
p = subprocess.Popen([‘xclip’, ‘-version’], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 710, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception

xsel - OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/init.py”, line 59, in core_select_lib
fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/kivy/core/clipboard/clipboard_xsel.py”, line 15, in
p = subprocess.Popen([‘xsel’], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 710, in init
errread, errwrite)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 1335, in _execute_child
raise child_exception

I did not loose connection and later on I was able move sled left,right, up and down and home.
Any suggestions?

I had this! It was solved buy someone suggesting to install (guess xclip). Let me search…
Edit: It was the xsel and xclip that was missing for me. I installed them and got rid of the error.

I could still run CG. It was just the error message that caught my eye. Better to get rid of it, just in case.

I am on Manjaro distro… I am unable to upload the maslow firmware, with the same message. Servo.h no such file or directory.

Installed

• Kivy python2 and 3
  • Pip2 pyserial
  • Xsel installed
  • Xclip installed

Are you using the Arduino IDE for uploading the firmware?
Can you post a screenshot?

For future reference, I fixed it by going:

Into arduino ide -> Sketch -> Manage Libraries… -> (search for servo) -> (click to install Servo by Michael Margolis, Arduino)

Check the terminal when GC starts. I had to install xsel and xclip manually on manjaro

I’ve installed xcel & xclip