M4 or M3 build, Which should I get?

Good Morning Everyone!
I built a maslow a few years ago as part of a makerspace in St. Pete, FL and added the “meticulous Z-axis” to it and was having plenty of great cuts. I have since moved and no longer have a larger CNC. Once I moved, I left the machine with the makerspace and was able to afford my own shop in my backyard. I am now interested in building another large cnc machine, but I am unsure if it’s worth waiting for the M4 or just getting a basic makermade kit and modifying it as needed. Does anyone know how long I should expect for the M4 to come in or if the kinks have been worked out yet?

1 Like

get the M4, even without all the work that will still happen on it, it’s far
better than older versions.

it will be a bit before the existing orders for the M4 finish shipping and you
can get one anyway.

David Lang

1 Like

“It will be a bit” is what I’m somewhat concerned about. I’m hesitant to pre-order anything, but is there a projected time when someone can place regular orders? Would it be expected this year or next?

I believe the existing pre-orders are expected to ship around the end of March,
so if you order now, you will probably get it in April/May (I think towards the
earlier part of this range)

batch 1 is shipping now, batch 2/3 are on their way by ship (if not already
arrived) and then a couple of weeks after the boat comes in before the kits ship
out.

David Lang

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s probably going to be a while before we can get the lead time down to zero. When this batch sells out there will likely again be a lead time before the next batch ships too. I totally understand where you are coming from tho and I feel the same way. I would love to be in a place where we can ship orders immediately.

1 Like