MakerCam iPhone Case

Don’t know how I want to finish and pad the inside. May never use it!! Got the idea from Pad and Quill. Looked up phone specs, used MakerCam to design it using all rounded rectangles and followed it by hand to keep level (think Shaper Origin.)
Wish I knew how to work with Horween leather :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :slightly_smiling_face:
The measurements came out perfect!! Just enough room for small pads of some sort on the inside.

11 Likes

WOAH! That is awesome!!

I’ve been on a “make big things” track and I forget how many cool smaller things there are to make. Great work! Thanks for sharing :grinning:

1 Like

Bar beat me to it - so what he said. If you are 3D printing the cool fix to this is a thin jacket of TPU - aka Ninja Flex, that would give a padding and still look great but you might need to make your wood shell a bit bigger.

Thank you

1 Like

Very nice work. Looks like you’ve got things dialed-in well.

1 Like

You could also try some Sugru -

Thank you

Thanks @Bee ! I definitely can make it larger, just need a 3d printer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My goal for 2018 is to get a nice little 3d printer setup, preferably under $500. Suggestions more than welcome!!
And Sugru, ahhhh!! Love that stuff

MonoPrice makes a nice printer. It depends on if you want to get into the “thick” of printing or you want more of a coffee maker experience. A Prusa i3 clone is good. If you can afford it the Prusa i3 -mk3 is a beast of a printer. The Monoprice I3 clone is upgradeable by printing and/or replacing parts.

Thank you

2 Likes

@madgrizzle Im dialed in under the .5 mm… Looks to be as close to 0 as my eye can see. Took me 7 rounds of triangular calibration to get it, but has been on since.
Thanks and hopefully the boys are loving their Minecraft gear!!

4 Likes

Thanks Bee, you have my wheels spinning! Maslow + 3d printing, even more fun!!

The monoprice delta is the one that I want to get at some stage, here is a review https://hackaday.com/2017/08/21/monoprice-mini-delta-review/

1 Like

thats flippin awesome!!
:sunglasses:

good to see how much detail is possible.

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

wow. Just, wow! Very nice!!!

1 Like

Really amazing for the price; if I didn’t already have more 3D printers than I can use I’d get one. It (if it’s the same as the Cartesian bot it) uses a proprietary 32 bit controller so no firmware modding, but it’s got wireless on-board and a display.

Makes all those $500 Delta’s look bad :grinning:

1 Like

cr-10 is a very nice 3d printer for around $380 huge 300x300x400mm volume

1 Like

@clintloggins

This is excellent news, and represents a significant benchmark imho.

Would you be willing to create a new thread in the Technical Details titled “MaslowCNC Dialed-In” or something similar, with more detail and about your maslow frame, triangular linkage and lessons learned during your calibration procedures? (including pictures of any ‘non-standard’ parts or deviations from the standard frame.)

I think it would be important and helpful for others and get us closer to simple and detailed instructions for the Wiki.

many thanks in advance,

mrfugu

2 Likes

Whew, @mrfugu that may take awhile, but I can certainly add some lessons learned! As I built this from the ground up, minus the pcb, it has definitely been a journey. The hardest part was getting the “evaluation” Etonm worm gear motors!! At a pretty premium price, mind you, $115!

2 Likes

fair enough, take your time.

I’m sure it’ll be helpful as the Wiki is still lacking detailed calibration instructions (inc common mistakes, ‘gotchas’, etc, that only experience can reveal).

2 Likes

Woah @clintloggins you built from scratch!? That’s fantastic!!! I didn’t know that anyone doing a scratch build had their machine fully up and running yet. It’s so cool to see the whole open source working the way it is supposed to!

2 Likes

Yes Sir @Bar !!! Amazon Z axis motor is a little different and had to make my own cables(which Ive spent more money and had the most trouble with :frowning: ) I just couldnt wait, so somehow I talked Etonm into sending me the exact wormgear motors. Not an easy feat, but persistence paid off. From all that Ive read no one else has been able to get them.
And to anyone reading this, if youdont have and can wait in line for your kit… Do It!!! It will save you a lot of money and heartache! @Bar I still cant thank you, Hannah and the many brilliant contributors in this forum enough for this beautiful, ever-evolving tool called Maslow!!!

3 Likes

You could use the Maslow to cut a Prusa i3 frame, add a prusa mechanics kit and have something to tinker with while the Maslow is cutting other stuff.

1 Like