Manually Calibrate?

I don’t know if it’s the configuration of my machine or that I’m using linux, or what, but my machine refuses to cut the calibration lines at all. It just stops and never moves.

The Y-axis is working perfectly - 12 inches moves exactly 12 inches.
The the X-axis is 4% off. 12 inches move only 11.5 inches.

So I’m wondering if there’s a way I can manually calibrate it for just the X-axis, since I can’t get past the actual calibration process in Ground Control.

Do I have to change the PID settings? That’s the only thing I saw in settings that made sense.

1 Like

I can’t answer the Manual question as I have not done it that way yet. However it would be helpful to know what Computer you are using? What version of Ground Control and Firmware? What OS are you on? Triangulation Kit? Z Axis? any other Modifications?

Please

Thank you

Of course, sorry.
Laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 with GC 1.09 with 1.09 firmware.
Not sure what you mean by triangulation kit. I am just using the temporary sled design from the instructions.

So there are 2 types of sleds, Standard with the L brackets and Triangular.

See this -

Triangulation linkage kits explained

If your using the L brackets make sure the setting in Advance Settings shown in the PDF from the link above.

Basically if you have the wrong type of sled selected you will have problems.

Thank you

Using Linux should not be the issue. I’m running that since day one.
Questions:

• did you notice any errors uploading the firmware to the mega
  • do you see messages in the terminal you started GC from
  • can you upload a copy of the log.txt from the GC folder and a copy of the groundcontrol.ini from your home folder
  • was the arduino IDE closed when you started GC
  • is Z-motor installed
  • what is the result of -> test motors/encoders

I would not change the PID settings. You can tweak vertical hight, distance of brackets, motor distance. But you should be able to make the test cuts and complete the calibration. Un- and replug everything and try again.

it’s not a matter of calibrating one axis or the other, it’s a matter of
calibrating the entire machine so that it can do anything close to accurate on
any axis.