Maslow 4 Linear Rod Support

I’m nearly finished with assembly. The guide mentions a gap between the linear rod supports and the sled when first installing and tightening each of the six bolts until the gap is gone. Does anyone know a rough idea of how large that gap should be?
Mine was around 3/10ths of an inch and as I tightened the bolts, the small top on linear rod support cracked along its arch. There’s still a small gap, but I’m hesitant to tighten more.

1 Like

This was mentioned in the feedback thread here: Maslow 4 assembly guide feedback - #72 by bar
Wise to wait for analysis from @bar

2 Likes

Yeah that part shouldn’t crack :grimacing:

Shoot an email to Anna@MaslowCNC.com and we’ll send you a replacement.

I think that the linear rod needs to be seated a little lower in the sled. I would loosen the clamp on that and give it a couple gentle taps with a hammer.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll email now. I did gently (but also somewhat firmly) tap the rods in when first installing. I will undo the clamps and give it another tap.

I should have measured the depth of the seat and marked it on rod before installing it to be sure I’d reached the correct depth.

The rest of the assembly has gone very smoothly and the guide has been great. Thanks again to the whole maslow team!

2 Likes