Metal Maslow kit $600 ships Nov. Respond below if interested

Wow. no response :frowning:

Here is an overview of the kit. I’m not on the forum as much as I’d like lately, , so best to email me if possible thanks.

1 Like

Is this available at the moment as my comment on the forum was originally to get one, but then I did not get a response and thus the frown.

You have to order it from their website www.metalmaslow.com Just commenting on the forum won’t order it automatically for you. :wink:

Yes it is available now. I am glad you see the value in it. I think some people just see the price and do not realize the overall price is actually cheaper since the router and other items are already included.

1 Like

Hi,

Metalmaslow linked to a very good video of the unboxing and assembly of the sled and Z-axis. Can you point me to a good video on how to connect everything else (electronics, motors to frame, chains, counterweights, etc.). As someone above noted, the instructions are lacking in pictures, and that video I mentioned saved me A LOT of time, so it would have been really awesome if there was an equivalent for the rest of the process.

I have my kit assembled and functioning with exception of the included smoke alarm that you offered during the black Friday promotion. Any insight for its installation and configuration would be appreciated. Love the kit and glad I purchased from you.

the smoke alarm is just a regular smoke alarm. Put AA batteries in it and it will work. The wire coming out of it could potentially be used as a relay to shut down the Arduino, but I never got around to investigating it more. If I remember correctly it sends a 5v signal.

We do not recommend running the machine unattended anyways.

2 Likes

zaxisdh.stl (28.4 KB)
Zaxis Motor Bracket

I made this to secure the z axis motor to the upright z axis carriage. The included bolts were stripped… so this did the trick.

Printed in pla+ %75 infill. The holes are slightly small on purpose.

2 Likes

I have placed an order a long time ago even payed extra for extra for cpu, plastic sleeve 92mm bracket and meta bars. My order never got shipped out. I have been waiting a long time and nothing. Now the website is now and my emails get bounced back. My order number is #PUZR-950367.

Please help I just want what I paid for. I was promised twice it would be shipped out and nothing.

Story typo I meant to say the website is now down. It anybody can help.

sorry, not sure why the website is down and we’ve been on vacation. sent you an email. Hopefully the website will be up soon, I emailed big cartel, the web platform we use and asked them to help.

1 Like

I received your email. Please ship my order. You said twice you were going to ship my order. I just want what I paid for.

Just to inform everybody that I have received my order at my shipping depot. When I receive all the packages I will post photos and feedback.

1 Like

lol I was wondering what this piece was for. After making a few cuts I was just starting to look for vacuum solutions and this looks great. Thanks for the inclusion on the kit. Perhaps it might to be time to review the instructions on the metalmaslow website as I still have a couple extra pieces from the kit that I’m not sure how they are supposed to be used.

2 Likes

Is there any 3D image of the metal sled available? It would be handy for designing a solution which will raise the linkage for the Ridgid router (to 3 1/2 inch?) and integrate this vacuum adapter in one piece.

8701db591838e547b82dedecb5d7587c_preview_featured

I would pay someone to design this as i just started using CAD software and still struggle with 2.5D drawings to gcode.

Greets

1 Like

I thought the metal sled had a vacuum passage underneath with a vacuum port built in. If you look at the metal maslow web page, they have pictures:

On my wooden setup I countersunk a piece of acrylic with a hole i the middle so the chips don’t get away from the vacuum along with some v grooves from the edges for more air flow so the sled doesn’t stick to the work piece. Works pretty well.

The point: the 3D printed attachment you seek is not the only solution for a metal sled vacuum attachment. The metal sled has 2 vacuum options:

1. Uses the under side of the sled with the plastic slider as the vacuum seal
  2. C channel on top of the sled someone recently posted on facebook asking what the c channel piece was for…

I believe that goes on top of the sled as a vacuum channel.

Good luck!

Hi,

i have the older (round base plate) version and yes it includes this metal vacuum adapter you see below. With the Rdigid router one has the problem that its “head heavy” and one needs to raise the linkage kit to about 3 1/2 inch to counter this. As the metal maslow vacuum adapter raises the router height again i am looking for a solution.

i can send you the dxf, but not sure it would be usefull. one just prints that gray vacuum adapter and then uses epoxy or double sided tape to stick it on the metal sled. to make sure it is centered all one has to do is lower the router down to make it centered. should take 5 mintues todo. sometimes it’s best not to get computers and drawings envolved if can be done simply.

:grinning: