Second Pass Misalignment

I’m new to using this machine and have run into a problem with my first cut. I paused the cut between the first and second pass, and when I returned to resume the cut, I realized that the bit was in the wrong spot, almost a quarter inch off. I checked the g-code, and the position data is the same for the first and second pass. It seems like the web control reports the position of the sled as being in a different place from where the g code says it should be, but when I use the goto function to replay the line of code responsible for positioning the sled, it doesn’t move. The cut I am working on is a whole sheet of plywood, and ideally, I would like to resume the cut, but I’m not sure how to correct this inconsistency in the position.

3 Likes

To be honest I’ve never actually used the pause feature so it’s entirely possible that there is an issue with it :grimacing:

It is possible that when paused we are losing track of the encoder positions? I will dig into that.

In the mean time the easiest way to resume from the same location as originally is to retract the belts to re-zero them, extend them again, and the machine will be back to where it started.

1 Like

Also as far as I know you are the first person cutting wood so congratulations :grinning:

4 Likes

I’ve been digging into this and as far as I can tell the pause button is working the way that I would expect it too.

I did find and fix an issue with the stop button, but that should be unrelated.

Then I re-read the original question and I think that we’re talking about different machines. You are not using a Maslow4 machine, correct? Since Maslow4 doesn’t use the WebControl software.