Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden Newsletter

Software Help Please!

Hi all,

I’ve had the Maslow for a few months but I’ve just gotten around to building the frame and setting it up.

I’ve calibrated the Maslow and was planning on cutting the final sled later this week.

I ran into some bad luck after calibration and my laptop bit the dust.

When I buy a new laptop and download the software, will I have to go through the calibration again or is this stored in the Arduino?

Thanks

Brad

0 Likes

If you still can access the harddrive (there are ways), you can copy the groundcontrol.ini from there.
Not all settings are stored in the Arduino.

Edit: Welcome to the Forum!

1 Like

Thanks !

1 Like

What @Gero said
and welcome.
Good luck

1 Like

Let us know if you face issues with getting that file. I don’t know how is works on win$, but know the ways on linunx.

Edit: on a running system you find it here:

Edit2:

If it died because of the harddrive, there would be a chance to boot a linux from usb-drive and get that thing.
How did it die?

0 Likes

I’m actually still in the process of troubleshooting the laptop.

It’s stuck in a failed repair/windows needs to restart loop. I’ve been looking at solutions on YouTube and I think it will be an easy fix, just not sure about saving my data at this point.

I was in the market for a new one so I’m good with the purchase, if this one can be salvaged I may use it as a Maslow/garage only laptop.

1 Like

A cheap and worth try is to but a bootable linux on a usd drive and boot from there to get the GC.ini.

0 Likes