Was struggling to find the right program for converting my Illustrator SVGs all the way across the spectrum to working GCODE. Specifically, Makercam was incorrectly scaling the designs during import and I couldn’t nail down what was wrong in regards to Illustrator settings (as if scaling in Makercam is correct, research showed to check your Illustrator settings).
After days of trying every program recommended, I finally came upon Method Draw. As I had seen in a previous Bar comment, he used a program exclusively just to open and then immediately save a file, and this is what I did with my Illustrator SVGs in Method Draw - open SVG - save SVG.
I then (fingers crossed) uploaded the SVG in Makercam and wouldn’t you know, a properly scaled drawing. So, for those out there who prefer (or like me, can’t handle / don’t need more dense drafting software), a bulleted process looks like this.
- Export SVG from Illustrator
- Upload SVG in Method Draw and save in Method Draw as SVG (File: save image / not “export”)
- Upload Method Draw SVG file in Makercam
- Apply your preferred cutting procedures in Makercam - export GCODE
- Enjoy the sweet rewards as that sucker works in Ground Control (hopefully)
Thanks to everyone who had mentioned differing programs that had worked for them. The article that eventually got me to Method Draw was here. They list 15 so if one doesn’t work, maybe another will…