Stuck... I upgraded from Windows 10 from Windows 7 and now I am getting an OpenGL 2.0 Kivy Fatal Error

@orob runs it from source code… the release version are the ones you download. I’ll look at the holey firmware to see if I can figure out why the firmware defaults to fake_servo on.

Ok, now I am really confused. Is Holey a different program altogether? Firmware, calibration…

Thank you

Jeff

“holey” is basically an alternate way to calibrate your machine. It’s in contrast to “stock/triangular”. To use holey calibration method, you need a specific firmware loaded on the Arduino. Webcontrol has this baked in by going to Actions->Upgrade Holey Firmware. Once you do that, Actions->Holey Calibration will be enabled and Actions->Triangular Calibration will be disabled (have to use stock firmware to do triangular calibration). Many people believe holey calibration and the changes made to the firmware results in more accuracy in cuts. But there never has been a head-to-head comparison.

I’ve looked at this in the past and looked at it again and still don’t know why it would start up in fake_servo mode. Only possibility I can find is that by chance the “standard/uninitialized” eeprom value at 4095 on an Arduino mega equals to 42. Maybe it really is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

thanks for checking. I wouldn’t have mattered if I hadn’t moved the sled before I turned it off and had to reset the chains for the 4th time today. But that is ok because I just did a cut and had to reset them a 5th. It has been a busy day. I show regular calibration as well as holey calibration in the videos. I just have to clip them and make them less boring, so I’m working on that now.

1 Like

most of the videos are up now. They are linked from the maslow manual wiki page here. the chain extension one is rendering now and will upload. Thanks for your patience with the editing quality and lack of bling. This was a quick production effort in a very short amount of time to help out. Feel free to provide suggested improvements.

Thank you

I really hope they are useful. I learned a lot and I’m not photogenic, but whatever. After making all of the newbie mistakes again, I can appreciate the frustrations of getting things going. Hang in there!

Orob,
I am having trouble yet again. This time now I can’t connect to the web control. I am getting a new error message localhost5000 refused to connect message. I tried disabling my firewall and still the same thing. I went in and looked at the proxy server, and didn’t see anything there to check or uncheck.

Recap: You are running webcontrol from a Windows 10 machine. You are loading the web page from that same machine.

When webcontrol starts, it will open a browser window for you when it loads. This is what I see when the server is off:

It sounds like webcontrol has stopped. Can you verify that webcontrol is running?
This is what I see when it is running:

are there any error messages on that screen?
Iif you reboot, you will need to restart webcontrol because it doesn’t run as a service in the background, it runs in a window.

I hope that is helpful. any additional information you can provide regarding the status of webcontrol would help.

I uninstalled and get it working, but i can’t get it to communicate with each other now.