Teardrop Square Drop? #Camper

I hit it with 60 grit.

Update, it has a roof! Well mostly.

I used the Maslow to cut the lower partition. The Maslow was short by 1/8" which should be 5’. With the fiberglass this works out and I have to actually shave some off to get it in flush. There is a sliding door so we can get stuff from the cooler without going to the back. The other cutouts are for ratchet straps to hold my Bluetti in place.

5 Likes

It’s starting to take shape! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with progress.

1 Like

Slowly getting there. I may have biten off more than I can chew. The deadline to road worthy is 2 weeks time.

1 Like

I had some really good progress this week.

The roof is fully glassed. + Front drop.

How I am going to mount everything is pretty sorted. I gave myself WAY to much leeway here.

Inside the sleeping area, I worked on the bunk bed which is removable. I routed cables for USB charging into the frame to hide the cables.

In the gally area I didn’t take a recent picture, but this is all studded out with insulation and after sanding tomorrow ready for glass.

3 Likes

Today was the day.

6 Likes

First coat of paint! The sanding isn’t that great. I didn’t get enough of the epoxy drips and you can see were the seams are up close. Considering this thing has it’s maiden voyage in one weeks time not a lot of Bondo is going to be applied.

I weighed the rear hatch and it came in at an impressive 35 lbs!

8 Likes

Vent, doors, and AC went in today. It’s starting to look like a camper!

I got the back hatch mounted yesterday night and need to get that painted today yet.

4 Likes

Rear hatch painted!! Woot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a few small pieces left, but it’s weighed and ready for inspection. It came in at 1,140lbs

6 Likes

Looks amazing, adventures await!

Not to be ‘that’ guy, but you might want to consider a drop hitch to lower the tongue just a little bit and have it tow more level.

1 Like

Lol yeah, I bought a 2" drop earlier this morning.

I had someone watching the back lights and they got within a half inch of the ground leaving my driveway with the inverted 2" I had on hand. Our jeep sits way lower and that was the only received I had on hand at the time.

1 Like