Tolerance and accurate cuts

All screen savers, all power management down to the BIOS (that is something non tec users never mess with) needs to be turned off. The win and mac users will ‘kill’ me for this statement, but if i would use those, automatic updates would be turned off and the internet connection cut. They call home to much and give little care of what the user needs right now and take away resources from him at their will.

Thanks for responding. 1.26 is the latest, so the previous bugs we had do not explain your disaster.
I could take a look at the g-code, but if you think it was the sleep, then you really have discovered a new bug that should be taken care of by the programmers. it should just stop and wait.

NOOOO!!!

Bill, so sorry for your loss. The only way to stop a runaway sled is to kill the power. There is another user on here who is selling just his ring for $75…

The one and only time my laptop went to sleep I had to recalibrate and I went with a raspberry pi immediately because of it. You can chalk it up as tuition or move on and we will think no less of you either way. Stuff happens. All the best to you.

I made myself a proper emergency cut-off switch because of this:

I’m not comfortable using industrial equipment without one. Although when I tested it I sometimes had to re-calibrate.

Also, please switch to webcontrol (and holey calibration) at least until the new-new stuff comes out. It’s definitely more ‘friendly’

A simple power strip, in an easily reached place also works in place of an emergency button.

OMG, the destroyed ring system suxs. And this ring kit is pretty expensive IMHO.

@bill_f Only you can decide if you’re really done with the Maslow, but as you can see here, there is a community of folks who will do what they can to support you in getting your rig running. Unfortunately, the Maslow, being a home-built CNC, will probably always be somewhat of a tinkerers project rather than a turnkey solution. Once you get the bugs out, though, it can produce amazing things.

4 Likes

Been emailing back and forth with the vendor that sold me the kit. I bought from Eastbaysource and I’m worried that my posts here indicate a problem with anything I received as part of my kit.

I did not have any issues with Any of the parts I received. The customer support with the vendor has been very responsive and concerned over my issues. I told them they can’t fix the user here :smiley: I appreciate the posts in this thread encouraging me to contact them directly for help. I didn’t consider that originally, because everything they provided worked and was great. I guess I’m just pleasantly surprised at the care that went into a couple of response I received from them.

Still debating on what I want to do. I tend to get obsessed over projects and find myself gravitating towards a Shapeoko for the projects I’d like to be doing.

2 Likes

Longmill from www.sienci.com is better value and open source. I think its’ about 1/2 the price of shapeoko.

1 Like

Oh great. Now I want a second CNC router.