Trouble connecting to Arduino

I recently got my Maslow all hooked up and am having trouble with the Arduino/firmware part… I just downloaded Arduino and firmware 1.11. When trying to do the update I am getting “error compiling for board Arduino/genuino mega or mega 2560”. I am running my cnc with a MacBook. Any help to getting me up and running would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mick

1 Like

Can you post the full text of the error message that shows up?

Have you installed earlier versions of the firmware OK or is this the first time?

Were you able to find the right COM port and change the board type OK?

Here is the full text below. this is the first version of firmware I have installed. I thought about deleting the newest version and trying it with version 1.10 and seeing if that works.

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

fork/exec /Users/Dad/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.
/Applications/Firmware-1.11/cnc_ctrl_v1/cnc_ctrl_v1.ino

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Hmmm that looks like an issue with the Arduino IDE install. It seems like the program can’t find the files it needs to connect.

I would recommend uninstalling the Arduino program and installing it again :grimacing:

1 Like

looks like Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather 32u4 - IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I deleted Arduino and am re installing it now. I’m going to look further into it tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I have anymore issues…

2 Likes

FYI - while you will be able to get the IDE to work. To run ground Control you need Mac OS X 10.9 or above.

Thank you