Turned on machine / it promptly went straight up jammed itself and destroyed frame

@bikeshelters.org As @Orob has said, you are getting there! I will provide the following link:

The OP there was also very confused with all the software that was out there and what it did. It has a lot of good info for what CAM (Machining - assigning the toolpaths and how they will be cut to create the GCode) can be used, and what CAD (drawing and creating the vector drawings needed for CAM) programs are out there. From here, there are many options out there that you as the individual can use based on how simple and cost effective you want to be. You are not relegated to just Easel. It is a good place to start, but if you are using the free version, you will be very limited, and the Pro version can be costly (the last time I checked).

I have used EstlCAM (to create GCode) and InkScape (creating vector graphics), but I am currently trying out Carbide Create (which is very similar to Easel, but has a free version with much more capability than Easel does in their “free” version. In this aspect, it is really a personal decision and figure out what works best for you (and your wallet)!!

Thanks for asking all the questions, it took me a bit to figure it all out and what worked best for me and my Maslow, and I am still always looking to improve and find more efficient ways to do things. I got there, and you will too!!