Unpopular?: Time for me to move on from Maslow?

I ordered my Maslow in September 2018 and I agree that there is a lot of tinkering before you get reasonable cuts. During the past year I cut several OpenDesk projects and the results were in a range from good to mediocre (Slim Chair from Opendesk - #13 by MdO). Let’s say my sanding-skills have improved :sweat_smile:.

For me the tinkering was a great way to learn my way in CNC / electronics. Before Maslow I knew nothing about CNC, Arduino, RaspberryPi, Fusion360, etc. But I have to admit that I am currently looking into a new improved diy CNC (PrintNC from ThreeDesign). Without the knowledge I have gained in the past two years this would be a to big hurdle for me to take.

In summary I can recommend Maslow to anyone who wants to start with CNC. It’s a great way to learn, thanks to the community. For a reasonable price you can find out if it’s something you want to pursue. However, I can’t blame you for having the questions/doubts you have. In my opinion there is no harm in moving on, if you can spend the money.

Kind regards,

3 Likes