What did you cut today?

It is reall easy to change the nuber of points in a circel or arc in sketchup, right click and click on entity info. I usually up it by a factor of 10.

2 Likes

What speed do you do your inlay cuts?

A slice of pizza? :face_with_monocle:

yeah, pizza is sort of my muse. Just to let you know how serious it is, here are some wood burnings i’ve done.

15 Likes

And you have also built a real pizza-oven? That’s on my to-do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cut some American flags this weekend for some family members. I still need to work on my Z axis as I still have some slope. :thinking:

1669450083_5uhe

1622014886_6inc

12 Likes

I cut this unicorn trinket box. While not very impressive or intricate as individual parts, when stacked its really amazing how close the repeated cuts are when you consider the size of the maslow :blush:

15 Likes

That is WOW. Are the pieces all cut at the same x/y coordinates on the sheet?

Sorry gero i dont know :persevere:, I traced a unicorn image and placed 7 nested together in easel. I moved router to desired place hit define home and cut. Does that answer your question?

3 Likes

That answered my question and tells that you have the Maslow dialed in well. Thanks.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of this thread and how active it is. I’ve made a sign recently for my grandma who is a huge Detroit tigers fan. Could have turned out better but was in a rush.

13 Likes

Getting ready for x-mass my wife wanted a nativity scene for outside so this is what I came up with using img online IMG_2902|666x500

12 Likes

A little something I cut for a friend.

8 Likes

had an old table laying around, came out pretty nice! used f-engrave to do the v-carving.

13 Likes

Looks good. What bit was that?

60 degree, 0.5" v-carving bit. Cleanup with [this].(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K2BGNS/)

I made a T-Rex for my nephew but I wanted to give it on a box so I thought I could try to make a folded box out of alveolar polypropylene.
It came out OK but polypropylene is a tricky material to finish. Cuts come a bit rough and sanding doesn’t help much.

11 Likes

I like this a lot. Out of the box thinking :wink:

3 Likes

I haven’t cut it yet, and it may not work out, but I coded this tonight and with the amount of work it took I thought it was worth posting.

Cheers!

5 Likes

My latest project has been the Meticulous “Z” upgraded sled.

I added the hose clamps to the router connector pieces otherwise it was per the instructions provided.
Shout out to @MeticulousMaynard for helping me figure it out.

The most difficult part I experienced was getting my 3D printer to make the dust collector shroud and cutting the Lexan for the clear cover (was lower cost to make from Lexan than plexiglass).

If anyone needs a clear cover made, let me know I have enough material left to make two more. Let me know quickly or I am going to remove the templates (*) from the Lexan and place it in my stock for use on some future project.

(*) I printed the pattern out (1:1 scale) on paper then glued it to the protective plastic of the Lexan and cut the one I needed out. Was simple and could be cut our with a band saw. the single sheet of Lexan would allow me to make three (3) windows.

6 Likes