What did you cut today?

Aaah, the good old 24-sided circle of Sketchup! :grin:
That one got me lots of times…

4 Likes

Nice! Do you have the rules for this game? Can never seem to find them. This is the one you play with cards right?

It’s this one I think:

Easy but very irritating game. And my 4 year old boy loves it :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Thein and similar separators don’t work very well if the dustbin starts getting full, something to keep in mind. FWIW, stumbled across a YouTube comparison between one and a cyclone last night.

Nice looking use of pallet wood!

Its a dice game. We call it Dibs…its essentially the forerunner to games like Sorry, Aggravation, Trouble. In the fifties when my parents bought their first house all the neighbourhood made one of these from the kitchen sink cutout. They used alleys/marbles as markers and the holes were unfilled. We still play it at the cottage. This game is a little unique with the center hole. I’m happy to provide the rules if you’d like them.

1 Like

cut this to test my new z axis

IMG_20180914_202810

10 Likes

It is reall easy to change the nuber of points in a circel or arc in sketchup, right click and click on entity info. I usually up it by a factor of 10.

2 Likes

What speed do you do your inlay cuts?

A slice of pizza? :face_with_monocle:

yeah, pizza is sort of my muse. Just to let you know how serious it is, here are some wood burnings i’ve done.

15 Likes

And you have also built a real pizza-oven? That’s on my to-do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cut some American flags this weekend for some family members. I still need to work on my Z axis as I still have some slope. :thinking:

1669450083_5uhe

1622014886_6inc

12 Likes

I cut this unicorn trinket box. While not very impressive or intricate as individual parts, when stacked its really amazing how close the repeated cuts are when you consider the size of the maslow :blush:

15 Likes

That is WOW. Are the pieces all cut at the same x/y coordinates on the sheet?

Sorry gero i dont know :persevere:, I traced a unicorn image and placed 7 nested together in easel. I moved router to desired place hit define home and cut. Does that answer your question?

3 Likes

That answered my question and tells that you have the Maslow dialed in well. Thanks.

3 Likes

I really like the idea of this thread and how active it is. I’ve made a sign recently for my grandma who is a huge Detroit tigers fan. Could have turned out better but was in a rush.

13 Likes

Getting ready for x-mass my wife wanted a nativity scene for outside so this is what I came up with using img online IMG_2902|666x500

12 Likes

A little something I cut for a friend.

8 Likes

had an old table laying around, came out pretty nice! used f-engrave to do the v-carving.

13 Likes