What did you cut today?

@Keith: That’s pretty awesome to see the Maslow cutting that stuff! I am actually machining some of that stuff right now on the ProtoTrak we have at work. Also running a 1/4" ball mill with 1" LOC, and I certainly need it. I would share pictures but the parts are protected by my company’s IP rules.

@gersus: I would definitely give the coordinated 3D moves a try with your upgraded Z-axis. Part of the objective of the upgrade is to make it possible for the machine to make faster 3D moves :wink:

@jwolter: I’ve been planning on doing that to my own tool drawers for awhile now, just haven’t had the time! Was just going to do it with plywood, but the foam is a good idea. We have Kaizan foam in our toolboxes at work and it’s great to have that level of organization.

2 Likes

Ash Wood and Epoxy Resin End table

27 Likes

Whhaaaattttttt
I followed your progress on insta, saw the epoxy and thought it was just an inlay not all the way thru! Nice!

2 Likes

Thank you! I made the cuts to within 2 mm of the bottom, then planed and sanded those 2 mm off after the epoxy dried. :grinning:

The hardest part was making the base, which I didn’t make on the Maslow, but in retrospect probably should have.

5 Likes

Good idea planing it!

1 Like

Dude, awesome table!

1 Like

Wow thats an awesome table :+1::+1::+1: well done

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I appreciate the compliment!

These Star Wars themed Bar Stools. I thought about making them completely on the Maslow, but I would have had to charge 10X more for materials and labor. So, I got some unfinished stools, cut the seats off, cut the seats on the Maslow, then glued them back in place. The black and red colors are epoxy resin. The white on the Empire logo is spray paint. The trick to getting the spray paint and stain on without discoloring the epoxy was finding transparent polyethelene tape with low tack to use as a masking tape.

15 Likes

new project with new exact sled.
Now you need to understand how to calibrate the machine, that he would take into account the stretching of the chains

16 Likes

Great Art!

2 Likes

Nice work. Very artistic.

2 Likes

My new project for my daughter. runbike

18 Likes

Oh man I’ve been looking at those and thinking how cool it would be to make one. Awesome! Can you give more details about how you did the steering bit? I haven’t figured out how that bit is done

1 Like

Oh yes, this is the most difficult moment for me, I’ve been thinking how to do this

@WoodCutter4 @Gero
I hope I did the right thing by writing an answer in this thread.
Gero is the right answer. these are dandelion seeds. They were also made on the stencil. At first, I applied black color, let it dry for a couple of minutes, then moving the stencil a little, I applied white color, this is how the 3D effect turned out, everything is simple :)read.

3 Likes

It came out as a great piece of art. Your daughter must be very proud of such a nice father.
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@UNUS_TRESQUATRO
I think @michaelsen question was about the CAD program for the drawing.

Even if not, what program is that? Does it export g-code?

@michaelsen this is fusion 360. , g code can be obtained, but I use another program - artcam
my daughter is 1. 10 years old and unfortunately they are now in a different place and have not yet been able to appreciate Dad’s work))