What did you cut today?

NoGo for linux :disappointed_relieved:

maybe the virtualbox program will help you @Gero

1 Like

I have xp in VB for Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Age of Empire
(yes i’m old) no internet on this box :slight_smile:
12 years without windows and happy with freeCAD. I have a mac for Fusion, but see no need to start learning new again. Mac is the next OS that i will remove from my future :wink:

2 Likes

in starkraft still play? Blimey !I would play with you!)
I’m new to design, and fusion is very accessible to me helps me master this area.

1 Like

Keeko,

Thanks for your answer the CAD program is exactly what I was asking about. Hopefully your daughter will be close to you soon to appreciate your work.

Kevin

1 Like

Had a lot of scrap wood lying around and got inspired by some tables I saw on Pinterest.
Glued the wood together and cut a 75cm diameter round tabletop out of it.

Had to take away the back(plywood)panel of the maslow because of the thickness of the table (40mm).

The ultimate compliment came from my wife :woman: when she suggested to put the table in the living room! Victory!
As of now she officially cannot deny the beauty of my CNC endeavor anymore.

26 Likes

Nice work! That came out beautifully!

did I mention I like meccano stuf! :smiley:

5 Likes

This is supposed to be a divider/bookshelf/hanger.
Still to be completed with modular book boxes and hangers.

12 Likes

This is plywood, right? Very nice!

2 Likes

I think to see that it’s a 3 layer sandwich design, the outer layers overlapping the inner. Amazing design on static for tall structures. Thrilled!
Kind regards, Gero

3 Likes

Thank you!
Yes it’s all made of 10 mm plywood and, as pointed by @Gero, it’s a 3 layer sandwich design.
Presses against the ceiling with an inverted rubber foot.

3 Likes

I made an “M” superman logo for my neighbor to give to his dad for Father’s Day.1/2" Oak plywood for the top layer with the “M”, and 1/4" pine for the yellowish background. Turned out pretty nice. Stained the oak with a red-chestnut varathane stain and the back with a golden pecan varathane stain. Designed in Fusion 360.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this was my first cut with a tool change and I was really impressed with how well it went. I cut all the profiles out, leaving tabs, and then came back with a simple Harbor Freight tapered router bit and followed the interior cutouts including a little over-cut at the bottom to give a slight 3D feature of the letter against the border.

12 Likes

Now with hangers

15 Likes

@LuisP, what are the green dowels? Is it a sleeve over threaded rod or something else? Super cool design!

1 Like

Thank you!
Yes, itÂŽs a sleeve of 20mm x 1,5 mm aluminium tube over M8 threaded rod.
A couple of nuts near the ends with a bit of Teflon tape around them to make volume, help keep the sleeve centered before tightening.

3 Likes

This is the book box. I plan to make three of these, for now. This version is supposed to be plywood on the sides and sheet metal (green part). I like both materials together but it will probably be a bit more expensive.

4 Likes

I recently cut with the “FaradayCageFighters” this test piece of a side decoration for a pizza parlor style arcade machine. Invisible from the front it displays Space Invaders from a side view for the attentive observer.
Again this is a test piece, it has two slot width for testing and it doesn’t show the complete Space Invader with antennas and all, just to silence the attentive 80’s game nerds of you.
We can’t wait to finish the cabinet.
Take a look and enjoy. I hope the video works on this site.
Let us know if you like it.

12 Likes

@Superbender This is amazing!

What does this mean? haha

1 Like

The “FaradayCageFighter” is the name of our 3-person tinkerclub. :crazy_face:

4 Likes