What did you cut today?

My First Lamp

19 Likes

Very, very nice.

1 Like

Wowza! That is phenomenal

1 Like

Sunday Funday Art Project.
Inkscape, Fusion 360. 1" Endmill, 1/8" Downcutter on 15/32 Sanded Ply with primer and acrylic paint.
Cut in 3 layers using 3D adaptive clearing, 2D Contour Rest and 2D Pocket Rest. 4’ x 4’

10 Likes

Holy Schnikes! That is amazing! Excellent work!

I will definitely be making for the Hawaii island chapter of the Veterans for Peace organization when I get my Maslow going. Thank you for the inspiration.

1 Like

Whoa! @Andy_Fencer, you’ve been killin it man.

2 Likes

Here is a rocking chair that I made with a living hinge. I really didn’t work out the ergonomics of it correctly so it sits horribly. I did it all on illustrator so I was guessing at a lot of measurements. I’m designing a new rocking chair in fusion that should be a lot more comfortable.

21 Likes

It may not sit well, but it looks awesome!

1 Like

Way Cool!

Before

After Fill

0.75" thick red oak with 60 degree v-carving bit. Filled with black spraypaint. Did not plane board flat before cutting so there is some bleeding from the paint. Also, v-carving was slightly too shallow as I lost some detail in the sanding process, but still looks pretty good.

16 Likes

That looks excellent! Is that your own design? It is a really cool piece.

not my own design, but an awesome design by runaway clothes (https://www.runawayclothes.com/collections/all/products/bull-vibration-tee) that I though could really test the v-carving capabilities.

1 Like

ZebraTrace will let you turn photos into similar style designs, although it will take some practice

4 Likes

Awesome find!

Well, I’ve finally cut something out with my Maslow so I can add my own stuff here hahaha. For my first cut I chose to do the Maslow symbol. It went great after I changed over to weights for chain tension, the bungees messed up and I got chain wrap on my first attempt. Here it is!

8 Likes

Score! Glad you got a good cut. Now on the bigger things!

That zebra Trace looks interesting. Have you tried it yet? Would be great for v-carving, i.e. the thickness of a line translates into the depth and width of a v Groove.

About time dude! Looks good!

1 Like

Thank you! It definitely took a lot longer than I wanted but I’m glad that I took the time to get everything as close as I could. I’m trying to make a shelving system for my closet right now. That will likely be the next thing I cut out.

1 Like

9 Likes