What did you cut today?

@TimS Love it!! I may need to ask you for that file as I am sure there are plenty of people around here where I work that this would be suitable for!!

When I have a chance to log back in the maslow computer, I’ll attach the carbide create file. (I think you mentioned that you use carbide create?)

Here is another project I started this past weekend.

1 Like

I do use CC, so that should work! I very much appreciate it!! F-16…very nice!!

GoodIdeaFairy.c2d (799.0 KB)

Good Idea Fairy Carbide Create File

FYI both of the recent posts of the Good Idea Fairy and F-16 were cut with my new 500 watt Chinese spindle set up.


@TimS Thanks brother!! I’m hoping to get my rig set back up after our move. but I’ll be sure to post anything I make off this design. It is very much appreciated!!

How do you like the new spindle?

Smaller, easier access to bit.

Better range of speed control and capable of lower speeds to better control chip size with the feed rates.

Temperature seems to be the same as the router.

Power, handles the 1/4 bits I have been using.

Numerous different size collets. Came with like 8. Probably will still only use 1/8, 1/4 inch shanks.


Costs about the same as the Makita. Around $100

1 Like

I might have to get one of those to give it a try. Where did you get it from?

This is the exact kit I bought.

1 Like

All condemned obsolete parts from an actual


Very Niiiiiiiiiiiiccceee (in my best Borat accent)!!!


Design for a Section of the Month traveling award.


Led Star Frames for decoration and lightshows


And something actually cut today. The singing star to go along with the smaller stars


I’d say I’m going to try and do a cut and post each day, but then it would be a month before I cut anything else.

So instead here is today’s cut.

Total cut time: 43 mins. That includes having the maslow drill all of the holes. Cut speed 600 mm/s. Plunge rate 120mm/s.


Not really cutting anything lately. We moved back in November, and I was finally able to get some time and cleared enough space in my garage/workshop to get “Ol’ Mazzy” back together. I still need to hook up the chains and get them reset, and then put the router back in it. I got the RPi back up and running (and updated it as there were a ton of updates that was needed. Verified WC was connecting to it from my laptop. That and the control board installed. Power is “figured out,” but I am going to make some changes to that in the near future as well (adding some switches, etc. It is wide enough that I can get sheet goods stored behind it and it can still fold flat-ish to the wall. Still waiting on that new M4 (trying to remain patient @bar). :lying_face: :crazy_face:


Granny has been having a bad week (lots of dementia episodes) so I haven’t realy gotten any more cutting done.

However I did have a chance today to finish getting the stars up and running.

Sorry in advance about the quality, my cell sucks at filming lights


Table top to replace an old metallic one