Z-Axis upgrades Consolidation

[quote=“Keith, post:161, topic:5392”]
60 tooth, 6mm width, 6.35mm bore
[/quot

You can also get an idler pulley to tension your belts. I’m looking at the ones with no teeth so I can run it on the outside of the belt.

I’ve just received my basic Maslow kit and after discovering how complicated it was going to be to modify the Bosch POF1200 router and I asking for advice on router alternatives, @TimS pointed me to z-axis upgrades. I’m worried that for a beginner assembling the Meticulous kit might be worse than modifying the router. The MakerMade kit could be an option but at $233 without shipping or a router clamp it’s more than I was hoping to spend before proving I can even do this. I don’t have a 3d printer yet (hoping to build a bench with the Maslow first) so anything that requires 3d printed parts also complicates things. I know can order them but I still need to know the right things to order.
Reading this thread lead me to this linear actuator kit, probably the lead 8mm 150mm option. If I’m understanding what I’m reading I should be able to mount my kit z axis motor to this, mount this to the sled, source a router clamp, then buy any generic router to get started.
Does this make sense? Other than the (slightly overwhelming) details in this thread I haven’t been able to find anything that clearly describes this type of solution. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

… I’d probably purchase the MetalMaslow kit but they won’t ship to Australia. :face_holding_back_tears:

Here is a good thread. It talks about going to the wider plate to eliminate some play.