Z-motor constantly reversing directions regardless of command input

OK, I figured it out (partially with the help from The Blue Smoke Herder Shield - AKA the New Maslow Shield (TLE5206) - #251 by dlang thread). The wiring schematic from Amazon is not correct. Here is a picture of how mine is now hooked up.

According to the Amazon:

Pin 1: M+ (Red)
Pin 2: M- (Blk)
Pin 3: HS GND (Green)
Pin 4: HS Vcc (Blu)
Pin 5: HS A Vout (Yellow)
Pin 6: HS B Vout (White)

Maslow (Entom Motor):

Pin 1: M- (Blk)
Pin 2: M+ (Red)
Pin 3: HS Vcc (Orange)
Pin 4: HS GND (Green)
Pin 5: HS A Vout (White)
Pin 6: HS B Vout (Yellow)

So, one would think, hey, Pins 3&4 and pins 5&6 need to be switched in order to work. NOT THE CASE!!! If you match up the wire colors (with the exception of orange and blue) everything works perfectly.

For educational purposes here:

If you hook up the motor based on the pin layout given in the diagrams, the motor moves back and forth (constantly reversing regardless of command input).

If you switch pins 3&4 the motor will move the direction you tell it to but you cant control how far it moves and the Maslow does not read any movement.

If you switch 3&4 and 5&6, then you are happy as a clam, everything works right, the colors all match and you can thank to Malsow community for helping out!:cowboy_hat_face:

As a side note: switching all these wires around in various configuration did not fry my encoder. :partying_face:

Thank you guys for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes