Mystery project

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

So I get that each pod can be strong. But when you have a string of pods and each one is a separate piece does bolting or fastening it together at the seams really provide enough shear resistance?

For instance, on a roof the offsetting of plywood in a roof provides resistance to shear along with a proper nailing pattern. Here we don’t have that, but only connections in between the pods.

I guess my question is this. What is the best way to connect the individual pods together structurally without going crazy with fasteners?

Thanks.

Too bad this is still a bit away. I think people nearby here in Houston could use some real soon.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing

1 Like

I had the same thought. Load up a bunch of Maslows and a couple trucks of would and go down and build wikihouses.

After quite a bit more work than I anticipated (it turns out building a house is hard!) we’re getting close!

5 Likes

That is just too cool.

My daughter asked for a “treehouse that sits on the ground so she doesn’t fall out and bonk her head” (She’s 3) and I’m thinking this would be a lot of fun for a project!

1 Like

Building houses can be easy, but harder is usually better and dryer. =P