Can Ground Control be Paused and Resume Cut after Program Restart?

Can Ground Control be Paused and Resume Cut after Program Restart?

For example, I had my laptop run out of battery in the middle of a project, and wanted to resume cutting after my computer had rebooted.

Is this possible?

The answer to this is a qualified ‘yes’. When the firmware stops (for 2 seconds), it saves the present coordinates in EEPROM. So if you were running a cut and poked the ‘Hold’ button, the firmware would finish the gcode line currently in progress and then pause, recording the position. You would need to note what line number you were on if you wanted to quit GC or reboot, because when GC starts the file will open to the first line. If you noted the line number before quitting, you could ‘GoTo’ that line number and (if the router and all were still where the firmware left off, start in again.

This most probably would be ‘no’ if the Arduino gets power from the laptop USB port. There is no telling what the Arduino was doing when power was lost. When the laptop reboots and GC is run, the cut file will be open to the first line, not the one that was in progress when the power was lost.