Ground Control message continually toggles from "Connected" to "Not Connected"

To clarify

You have now been able to upload the firmware using com3?

What version of the firmware are you on?

Can you send a screen capture of what it looks like from Ground Control opening?

Thank you

mega 2560 r3 don’t know if this matters but I connected a bluetooth logitch keyboard and mouse to one of the usb openings plus a Wi-Fi usb to my network

To one of the USB ports on the Arduino or on the computer? Can you send a picture of the Arduino? There should only be one USB opening

to my computer, there is only one usb opening on the Arduino, you still want to see a pic?

Ok, that shouldn’t matter. As long as you are sure of the COM port

btw the numbers are still running

I think that might be the issue. The Arduino IDE (with the numbers going) needs to be closed before Ground Control will be able to connect.

The firmware also needs to be re-installed because right now the Arduino is running that test program which just prints numbers

1 Like

ok …should I start from scratch again and uninstall gc and ide first

I don’t think you need to, but it sounds like a good idea just so we have a fresh start

2 Likes

will do…will report what happens thanks for your help

2 Likes

We may have overlooked a very simple step -

This is from another post:

Make sure you have plugged to power into the shield and not the Arduino -

@Scotty your post picture is appreciated.

Thank you

ok started over but this time a get a error message

I’m almost ready to give up!!!

If you click the “copy error message” button it will let you copy and past the error message which could help is figure out where the issue is

this is the whole screen

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Firmware-1.10.zip\Firmware-1.10\cnc_ctrl_v1\cnc_ctrl_v1.ino:33:20: fatal error: Maslow.h: No such file or directory

#include “Maslow.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Got it!

The firmware is actually all the files in that download, not just the .in file so you need the whole folder. If the cncctrlv1.ini file isn’t in the folder with the other files they can’t be found

sorry Bar don’t know what that all means

1 Like

Got it.

The easiest solution is to delete the firmware folder that you have and download it again, unzip it, then do file -> open from within the Arduino program

just did that and it looks like it took, now I’m going to install ground control again an d see what happens

1 Like