Project of the Week for March 27, 2018

Nominations are open for this week’s Project of the Week (PotW). You can nominate simply by replying to this thread. Self-nominations are allowed.

The selected project will be highlighted in the Maslow newsletter. The user will receive a “Project of the Week” badge on the forums, a prize from Bar and Hannah, and a plywood aircraft carrier.

The approximate weekly schedule is: nominations close no earlier than Saturday, voting Sunday & Monday, announcement Tuesday. We’ll keep it to one PotW each week for now; hopefully someday we’ll have so many wonderful projects we’ll have to go with Projects of the Week. After nominations from the community have been made, I’ll post a poll for the community to pick a winner. If we don’t get enough nominations, I will randomly select projects from previous weeks’ nominations, the back issues of both the Maslow newsletter and Made on Maslow to appear in a poll of at least three projects. Projects that don’t win in a poll can be renominated on subsequent weeks. Any project can only win once, but any person can win multiple times.

What makes a PotW? It can be a project made on a Maslow CNC that shows off the Maslow’s capabilities, or demonstrates a new way of using the Maslow, or just plain looks cool. There is also a Maslow Community Contributor of the Week for great contributions to the Maslow community, which is run by TheRiflesSpiral; nominations which better fit that award will be forwarded to him.

Final note: like most things here on the forums, the community is what makes PotW successful. Suggestions for improving the PotW and volunteers to help run the PotW thread are always welcome.

1 Like

I vote for the project of this week to be @bar and @hannah for getting the next batch out.

6 Likes

They get my vote when i get my “confratulations, we just sent you your maslow” mail :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s time to vote for PotW! If you don’t want to vote for yourself, then vote on behalf of some underprivileged individual who gasp doesn’t have a Maslow forums account.

• Clintloggins’ Eddie Set, table + 3 stools
  • BadaboomBerlin’s Little Boxes #1 Exhibition
  • Bar and Hannah’s latest Maslow shipment
0 voters

@Bar & @Hannah’s latest Maslow shipment (photo probably not from this shipment)

@BadaboomBerlin’s Little Boxes #1 Exhibition

Clintloggins’ Eddie Set, table + 3 stools

For next week, maybe have a separate project of the week for ones with design released in to community garden.

2 Likes

In a runaway, Bar and Hannah win PotW. Apparently the Maslow community likes their Maslows. Go figure. :wink:

3 Likes

Intriguing idea. I’m willing to give it a try!